Athens Jewelry Week is an institution that makes its debut this year in Athens. A festival of eleven exhibitions and numerous parallel events will mark their own route in the city center of Athens, inviting people to wander around and discover the latest trends in contemporary jewelry. This year’s Athens Jewelry Week will incorporate more than forty Greek artists working in Greece and abroad, as well as collectives, jewelry schools and galleries. All together – and each one of them through their work – will attempt to reveal to the audience the intersecting points and ways between art and contemporary jewelry.
The aim of ATHENS JEWELRY WEEK 2016 is to present to the wider public the specifics, diversity and artistic dimension of Contemporary Jewelry in Greece.
In particular, it aims to:
– Inform and educate the public on issues related to Contemporary Jewelry as an art form and a means of creative expression
– Support individual artists and creative groups that are active in this particular field and
– To bring together all interested and collaborative parts/members (artists, galleries, collectors, museums and other institutions promoting the arts and culture etc.) through communication and networking.
ATHENS JEWELRY WEEK is organised by Anticlastics.
The Anticlastics group was formed by Anastasia Kandaraki, Erato Kouloubi, Ioanna Natsikou and Niki Stylianou . All four are active in the Contemporary Jewelry scene and follow parallel paths. Their work covers a wide range of areas in the field of creative expression : from research and design to making and teaching.
The Anticlastics group is a non-profit entity aiming, through collective action, to promote Contemporary Greek Jewelry, both in Greece and abroad, enhancing awareness and exchange of views.
Exhibitions Dates: June 29th – July 3rd 2016
Venue central exhibition: Melanithros (Art Space) | 4 Zappa str., 11635, Athens, Greece
The 11 exhibitions will be hosted in corresponding spaces in the city center of Athens.
Jorge Manilla – Jewelry and Art Designer
Vassilis H. – Visual Artist, Sculptor
Zina Kaloudi – Historian of Art, Curator, National Gallery-Alexandros Soutzos Museum
Anastasia Kandaraki – Jewelry Maker, Instructor
Erato Kouloubi – Jewelry Designer, Popeye loves Olive Art Space
Ioanna Natsikou – Jewelry Artist
Niki Stylianou – Jewelry Maker, Architect
Efharis Alepedis, Corinna Coutouzi, Xenia Deimezi, Evangelia Dimitriou, Aggelika Diplari, Katerina Glyka, Dora Haralambaki, Victoria Ioannidou, Anastasia Kandaraki, Iro Kaskani, Angelika Komis, Angelos Konstantakatos, Erato Kouloubi, Ioli Livada, Marina Zachou, Elisavet Messi, Revekka Moustaki Zei, Despina Pantazopoulou, Liana Pattihis, Nicole Polentas, Antria Prasinou, Demi Thomloudis, Vivi Touloumidi, Artemis Valsamaki, Yiota Vogli
Groups of artists / Collectives:
– Cluster collective: Anastasia Agglopoulou, Hara Kourtali, Yakinthi Oikonomou
– JAW (Jewellery Art Workers- Maria Apostolopoulou, Achilleas Georgiadis, Stella Deligianni, Artemis Zafrana, Iosif Iosifidis, Nikos Karakostas,, Apostolos Klitsiotis, Vally Kontidis, Mary Margoni, Sarina Beza, Sofia Papalexiou, Maria Psarianou, D’Olium (Sofia Bahlava-Vassilis Stamoulis) and the video artist Theofanis Konstantinou)
– Maria Tsimpiskaki, Niki Stylianou
– RagTag Collective (Chrisoula Papahatzi,Giorgos Giannoutsos, Ismini Pachi, Kalliope Theodoropoulou, Vasia Pachi, Yannis Tsalapatis )
– Ioanna Natsikou
Chalkis art school
Mokume – Silversmithing and Jewelry Design School, Greece
Eleni Marneri gallery
Popeye Loves Olive art space